Pages

Wednesday, May 3, 2017

VINTAGE FLAPPER GIRL CARD


Today's share is a vintage A2 card that I taught in my class last night. It's a really quick & easy card to make. The image & sentiments are retired (TAC image, sentiment??), but you can use any vintage image you have on hand. I stamped both with Memento Rich Cocoa ink on a soft watercolor floral paper (4.75"x3.5") I got at Joann's. I matted this on light mint green CS (5"x3.75") & then pink CS (5.25"x4") before attaching to the cream A2 card front.

I cut the wine bottle & flutes from a leftover piece of watercolor cardstock I made using the Acetate Smack technique (see my post from April 23, 2017 for this technique) & then lightly sponged the die cuts with the Cocoa ink to give added dimension. I glued the flutes onto the card with Zig glue, and attached the wine bottle with pop dots.

The last step was to add the 1" white ribbon bow in the upper left corner to complete the card front. If you wanted to, you could also stamp a small "Happy Birthday" sentiment just under the image between the wine bottle & champagne flute. The inside of the card was stamped with a sentiment that says "IT'S WINE O'CLOCK SOMEWHERE!"

As always, I hope I've helped to inspire your creativity today! Happy crafting, smiles, Laura!

No comments:

Post a Comment