Pages

Tuesday, May 10, 2016

MINC FOILED BUTTERFLY CARD


Hello! I hope everyone had a fabulous & relaxing Mother's Day! Today I'm sharing a card I made for The Outlawz Tuesday Color Challenge. I used "Silhouette Butterfly,"  a digital  image from Bugaboo, who is sponsoring our color challenge this month!

Okay, there's a lot going on in this card, but it was so fun to make! The background is handstamped, the butterflies have been foiled in purple with a Minc machine, then colored in with Spectrum Noir alcohol markers......

FOILING WITH A MINC

I printed the butterflies on blending cardstock, using A LASER PRINTER! The heat transfer foil for the Minc only bonds to BLACK laser toner (not inkjet ink). If you're thinking about getting a Minc, I strongly suggest investing in the laser printer as well - you can foil any digis you print with it. FYI: You can also stamp images onto a full sheet of cardstock with black ink and make laser copies of the sheet and then foil the copies - so if you have an extensive rubber stamp collection, you can open up a whole new range of foiled possibilities!

THE BACKGROUND

The background started as a 4" x 5 1/2" piece of white cardstock. I used a rubber stamp set called "Tea Stained" (TAC) with multiple colors of Brilliance Pearlescent Ink to create the background. Once stamped, I cut a 1/4" strip off the bottom and attached it to a purple scrap, then tore the edges of this, as seen in the photo (under the flower & small butterfly). Then I tore the bottom edge of the background piece and attached it to a purple A2 card. Next, I affixed the small strip about 1" above the torn edge. Finally, I stamped "Happy Birthday" in the upper left corner.

EVERYTHING ELSE

After foiling the laser butterfly images, I colored then with the alcohol markers and attached them to the card, leaving the wings up a bit to add dimension. Then I attched the flower and the pearls, and added a sentiment to the inside of the card.  NOTE: I was low on colored pearls, so I colored white ones with my alcohol ink markers to match the colors in this card!

Let me know what you think of this card in the comments section below - I'd love to hear from you! As always, I hope I've helped to inspire your creativity today! Smiles, Laura

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful. Laura! I have a MINC machine, but sadly not a laser printer...yet!!! I'm just working with prepared images from Anna Griffin! I love your tips!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Janet! I love the Minc, but had to wait also for laser printer - I got it from Amazon - after three months of saving the one I liked in my cart, it went on sale for 1/2 off! So glad to hear you enjoy the tips!

      Delete