Pages

Thursday, May 5, 2016

VINTAGE SAVE THE DATE CARD


Hello! Today's share is a vintage save the date card I designed using MHK Designs digital set "With This Ring." Mynn from MHK Designs has a shop on Etsy with fabulous digis - here's the link:  https://www.etsy.com/shop/MHKDesigns?page=1 . (If the link doesn't work, please copy and paste into your browser)

The floral background is designer paper, cut to 3 3/4" x 5". I attached a piece of white lace to this and matted on peach CS, then attached to the pink card. Next, I "fussy cut" the digital image with sentiment, colored in with alcohol ink markers and attached to card, as shown. Then I attached the mauve paper flowers. Finally, I stamped the date with individual alphabet stamps, and the "save the date" sentiment (both with burnt umber dye ink). the final touch was adding the small pearls to the flower and the engagement ring! By the way, I colored white pearls with a lavender alcohol marker to get them to coordinate with colors in the background paper!

I created this card for The Outlawz Twisted Thursday Challenges, as I'm also on this design team! This week's challenge is "Add A Sentiment," so head on over and share your creation with us!

I hope I've helped to inspire your creativity today! Smiles, Laura

6 comments:

  1. Very pretty with a vintage look, Laura. I love the colors and the lace is a perfect embellishment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura, this has such an elegant, vintage look! I love the way you added a pearl to the ring! Beautiful dps and lace!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous creation, Laura! I love the vintage look of this elegant wedding card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Janet! It's for my wedding in September!

      Delete