Pages

Friday, April 28, 2017

DYE INK MARKER WATERCOLOR TECHNIQUE


Happy Friday! Today's share uses a technique I call Dye Ink Marker Watercolor Technique - as far as I know, I invented the technique, have never seen anything about this posted anywhere (let me know if I am wrong, please)! It's a variation of Acetate Smack Technique that I discussed here last week.

I used plain old 65# smooth white cardstock (GP - purchased at Walmart in office supplies dept.). I also used my Cricut with a fine point black Cricut marker (notice the marker did not bleed or run when water was added, love these markers!)

After drawing the image (from Anna Griffin's Lace Cards & Embellishment Cricut Cartridge), I colored the image in with Tombow (#533) & Memento ( Grape Jelly, Rosebud, Cantaloupe & Summer Sky) DYE INK MARKERS (not alcohol or pigment).

Now for the cool part! Lay a piece of acetate on top of heat resistant craft mat. Spray/mist the acetate with a good amount of water. Lay your colored image on the misted acetate & wiggle around a little. Blot up excess moisture with paper towel, remove acetate & dry with heat gun! Be careful drying, it will tear easily after being soaked with water!

If the colors turn out too light, add more color to CS where needed & repeat this process until you're happy with it! I had to apply more ink 3 times, but just love the effect! After image is thoroughly dried, apply Stickles glitter glue for that little extra something, then mat & attach to card!

This card is not completely finished yet, I'm waiting on some new dies to arrive, will repost the finished card sometime next week. I'm thinking this will make a FANTABULOUS Mother's Day Card!

I hope I've helped to inspire your creativity today! Smiles, Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment