Pages

Monday, April 24, 2017

MASCULINE CARD IDEA



Hello everyone! Today's share is a masculine card I created. I know it's a little out of season, as it looks fall-ish, but what father doesn't like beer and football on Father's Day? I actually made this for my hubby's birthday in October, and yes, I'm way ahead, but I am known to play Christmas music in July while making Christmas cards!!!

This card was really quick and easy to make. The 5x7  card base is dark brown. I embossed a 4.75" x 6.75" piece of barn red textured WHITE CORE cardstock with Anna Griffin's Summer & Fall embossing folders (Chrysanthemum), then gently sanded to reveal the white core before attaching to the card base.

Next, on a 4"x6" piece of plain white cardstock, I stamped blocks with 6 different fall colors of dye ink ( olive, clay, dark brown, light brown, cantaloupe & tangelo), then embossed with Anna's Leaves folder. After embossing, I applied Brilliance Copper ink direct-to paper (the raised areas will pick up this ink beautifully), then sponged in a little plum ink before attaching to card!

The sentiment, beer stein & football were super-easy! Thanks Anna for creating such wonderful die cuts - For The Boys! Just pop dot & attach & the card is done!

I hope I've helped to inspire your creativity today! As always, Happy Crafting! Smiles, Laura


No comments:

Post a Comment