Pages

Friday, April 21, 2017

GIRAFFE NOTE CARD


Happy Friday! Today's share is a Giraffe notecard, in honor of April having her baby! The card base is A2 size in black. I created the background (4"x5 1/4") from tan CS with the Crocodile embossing folder from Anna Griffin's Folders For Him (HSN). After embossing, I sponged it with yellow, terra cotta, medium brown & dark brown inks to create a mottled leather look. I then stamped the giraffe phrase on a small scrap of tan CS, embossed, sponged and matted on black CS, as seen in picture.

The giraffe was first stamped with Terra Cotta ink on tan CS, then with light brown ink. Next, I fussy cut it out and matted on black CS & fussy cut again. With black ink, I stamped the fern image onto green CS & fussy cut these out as well.

Now for the assembly! I attached the background to the base with tape runner, then attached the ferns with tape also. I attached the giraffe with 1 small pop dot behind the head and tape on the bottom, just to give it a dimensional look. Finally, I attached the phrase with pop dots, for added dimension. I attached a 4" x 5 1/4" piece of medium terra cotta CS on the inside to create a lighter surface to write my note on, as the card is black. Of course, you could also use white or gold gel pens to write the note with on the inside, if you choose!

I hope I've helped to inspire your creativity today! Happy stamping & crafting, smiles, Laura


No comments:

Post a Comment