Pages

Sunday, February 28, 2016

FEATURING "SENDING HUGS" CARD IDEA


Happy Sunday everyone! With permission from the artist, I am very excited today to be featuring a card I made using a new digital image set called "Sending Hugs," created by my very talented & lovely friend Christina Hor from Memories Crafter. I absolutely adore this set! And Christina has made this new release available to everyone for FREE through Monday, February 29th! Be sure to visit her blog next - you can get there by clicking the link to Memories Crafter under "My Favorites" in the sidebar! Christina has a very informative blog, beautiful card samples, and other digis available - please contact Christina directly from her site if you'd like to get her other digis - I cannot share them with you here! Thank you so much Christina, for creating this beautiful digi set and sharing with us! As my card says "You're the Best!"

TO MAKE THIS CARD:

I used the "Sending Hugs" digital image set by Christina Hor,  memoriescrafter.blogspot.com.

I printed my image on X-Press It CS, then colored image with alcohol markers and stamped "You're the Best" with black ink. Next, I cut this image to 3 1/2" x 4 3/4", added pink ribbon, attached it to a piece of pink CS and trimmed edges with scalloped crafting scissors. I also punched little holes with a 1/16" hole punch in the scalloped crests, as shown above.Then I attached this to a piece of light blue CS and again trimmed with only the scalloped scissors. Finally I attached this to a pink A2 card front!

You could use this to make a birthday card, a get well card, a note card, or a congratulations card, just to name a few ideas! This is such an adorable AND versatile digital image set! Thank you so much, AGAIN, Christina!

I hope I have helped to inspire everyone's creativity today - happy creating! Smiles, Laura

2 comments:

  1. Thank YOU Laura for such a beautiful and inspirational card with this little Sending Hugs girl! I'm so glad you have fun coloring her up. I just adore all the details of your card! The beautiful bow, the stroke of grass, and not to mention your coloring! It is just gorgeous and those are my favorite shades of pink and blue too! My 2 1/2 was with me when I first saw your card over our Outlawz Monday Greetings Challenges and she said "very cute." She's at the stage of forming full sentences now so you can imagine the nonstop conversations we have. Haahaa. Thanks so much again for sharing your beautiful card with me and over at Outlawz Monday Greetings Laura. You've really put a big smile on my day! May you have a lovely rest of your Sunday. Hugs - Christina

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so welcome Christina! And thank you for your kind compliments... Oh, I can imagine the fun conversations you must have with your little one - my granddaughter Emmi is 3 1/2 now and ALWAYS has something to say or sing, from sunrise to sundown! LOL! I just love your digi set, I cannot thank you enough for sharing! I hope your smile lasts all week! Smiles, Laura

    ReplyDelete