Pages

Monday, February 22, 2016

HUMOROUS APOLOGY CARD

Hello everyone! Today's card features "Hollis," a Fronts & Backs stamp set by Art Impressions (you can find their website link in "My Favorites" on the sidebar). Poor Hollis - he looks like he's in deep with the honey! I made this card 2 weeks ago for the Backwards Day Challenge at The Outlawz (you can also find this link in "My Favorites") & it was featured in their gallery February 12 - 18th!



To make this card, I stamped both the front and the back of Hollis on white CS with black Memento ink. Then I used my Spectrum Noir alcohol markers to color in the back image and the head & arms of the front image. Next, I cut out the entire back image AND only the head & arms of Hollis, then attached Hollis' head to his back with pop dots, and mounted & trimmed him with black CS to make the image "pop" on the blue background.

The phrases on the cover & the inside are stamped with an alphabet set (Simple Bet by TAC). I chose this set because I think that the font matched Hollis' personality. It's so important to choose the right font to match the tone of the card! For instance, a nice, neat cursive alphabet font would've been a little too feminine for this card, and wouldn't have the same impact.

Try your hand at creating a humorous card this week! I'd love to hear from you and see what you've come up with. As always, I hope I've helped to inspire your creativity today - Smiles, Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment