Pages

Thursday, February 25, 2016

LEATHER BUCK MASCULINE CARD



Welcome back! My card was just chosen as TOP PICK at The Outlawz Twisted Thursday Challenge  so I thought I'd share it with you here today. ( By the way, The Outlawz Challenges is an awesome site, check it out & join!  http://www.outlawzchallenges.ning.com/ - If the link isn't working, please copy & paste the url into your browser) The card is easy to make, provided you have some felt and a piece of  leather laying around - the leather scrap shown here is recycled from an old hat!

First, cut your leather scrap to a size that will fit your image. Stamp your image on it - I stamped the buck with Tuxedo Black Memento, but you could also use StazOn if you like. Next, mount the leather image to a piece of felt that is cut 1/4" wider and 1" longer than your leather. I used Wonder Tape (redline tape), but it didn't hold well by itself, so I punched 1/8" holes in the leather & felt and reinforced with brads! Now cut the fringe with regular scissors - I tried using fringe scissors, and although these are great for cardstock, they did not work so well on felt!

The background is randomly stamped on tan/kraft CS (4" x 5 1/4") with a pine branch image in brown, then a "Happy Birthday" greeting in black. Attach twine diagonally to this piece with Wonder Tape (on the back). Now attach background to cardfront - I used medium brown card cut to A2 size.

Finally, attach the buck image to the center of the card front and add your phrase to the inside. If you don't have an ink that shows well on darker colored cardstock, you can cut another piece of kraft CS to 3 3/4" x 5", stamp your inside phrase on this, and attach to the inside of your card!

Happy creating everyone! I hope I've helped to inspire your creativity today! Smiles, Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment