Pages

Saturday, February 27, 2016

FEMININE BIRTHDAY CARD IDEA


Hello! Today I'm a die cut junkie! Although this card looks complicated, it's easier to make than you might think - once the dies are cut, the assembly goes quickly.

I cut the turquoise background to 4" x 5 1/2", then cut the white lattice to the same size in Cricut Craft Room using the Teresa Collins Basics digital set. The gold medallion was cut from a soft metallic gold cardstock with the Cuttlebug Grace Medallion die.

The butterfly was cut from gold Mirricard with the smaller butterfly from Spellbinders Les Papillions Two. I cut both labels from plain white CS on my Cricut with the Elegant Edges cartridge (cut the second label 1/4" larger, then sponged the edges of both with pink ink) and stamped "Happy Birthday" in black. I attached the labels together with pop dots. The rose image was colored in with Spectrum Noir Alcohol Markers.

I attached all the pieces to the turquoise base, as shown above, then mounted that to a white A2 card. I used a Zig glue marker to attach the lattice, but in hindsight, using a spray adhesive would have saved me a lot of time! The final touch was adding a bit of Icicle Stickles to the rose image.

I really had a lot of fun making today's card and I hope I've helped to inspire your creativity today! Now off to your craft rooms to play! That's where I'm headed......Smiles, Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment