Pages

Monday, February 29, 2016

POLISHED STONE NAUTICAL NOTE CARD


Happy Leap Day everyone & welcome! Today I'm sharing another polished stone card. which uses a collage type ship image (by TAC), Because the image reminded me of an antique photograph, I wanted a background to carry that antique feel through the entire card. If you're not familiar with polished stone technique, please refer to my February 18th post to learn about how to do it.

I started by stamping a crackled backgound (by TAC also) onto the A2 card front in charcoal gray (a lighter shade of smoky blue would work well here too). and set it aside. Then the real fun began!

To create the polished stone look in the ship image, I used dark, medium & light blue dye reinkers and just  a small amount of a teal green reinker & silver metallic reinker. After stamping the ship with black ink, I cut it with my Fiskars Trimmer, leaving about 1/8" ink border around the image. Then I attached this to a piece of navy CS, leaving 1/4" matting around all edges. Next, this was mounted on white CS & cut to leave a 1/2" matting all around. The last matting is done with black CS and 1/4" edging around. Finally I mounted the matted image to the crackle stamped card front!

I'm planning to use this as a note card, so did not add greeting to the front, but it could easily be turned into a birthday or get well card by adding a sentiment in black to the lower right corner of the white matting! Also, an anchor die cut would be cute added to this card - the possibilities are endless!

I hope I've helped to inspire your creativity today! Happy creating & smiles, Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment