Pages

Tuesday, April 19, 2016

3 MONOCHROMATIC CARD IDEAS

Hello and welcome! Today's share is 3 monochromatic cards I've designed! If you've never made a monochrome card before, don't let the technique scare you - monochrome cards are easy and fun to make. All you need to do is pick 1 color as your main color. You can add small amounts of a few other colors, if you choose, OR you can use different shades of just the one color! I'll discuss each of today's cards below to help you get started with yours!


My main color for this Princess Birthday Card is BLUE. As you can see, there's also some white in the sentiment and the bow, browns, red and flesh tones on the princess, and a silvery tone in the rhinestone flowers. But the predominant color is BLUE! So it's perfectly okay to add small amounts of other colors, as long as they don't overpower the MAIN COLOR.


The main color for the second card is PURPLE! In fact it's the ONLY color you see in this card! I've just used many different shades of purples to create this. When working with only one color, I find it helps to layer the different shades of CS to create an interesting card, as well as to add embellishments like the flowers and rhinestones. By the way, I didn't have any purple rhinestones, so I colored clear ones with purple alcohol markers! I've also stamped the background & the sentiment in a Violette ink.


Here is yet another take on a monochromatic card! This card uses close to equal amounts of white and light blue! So is it monochrome or not? It is monochrome, because the blue overpowers the white so you notice the blue more!  Therefore, BLUE is the predominant color! 

Okay, so now it's time for you to make your monochromatic card. Gather up your supplies and your favorite image(s)! Remember, if you have alcohol markers, you can color practically any embellishment to match your main color - I've colored rhinestones, ribbon, polyester and paper flowers, etc..... to make them match what I'm creating!

Have fun! And be sure to upload your monochrome creation to The Outlawz Tuesday Color Challenge this week, as the challenge is, of course, MONOCHROME! I hope I have helped to inspire your creativity today! Smiles, Laura

2 comments:

  1. All three cards are lovely, Laura! I love the monochromatic look! I should try to use it more often! So happy to have you on board at TT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Janet! Glad to be be on board at TT, you're all so talented!

    ReplyDelete