Pages

Wednesday, April 13, 2016

RED VINTAGE COLLAGE CARD IDEA


Hello! Today I'm sharing a card I created for the Twisted Thursday Challenge at The Outlawz Challenges - "Anything with Wings" twist! I know, most vintage style cards use much softer colors than scarlet red, but I was feeling adventurous and broke all the rules with this one - I love this '20s flapper girl fairy image and decided to use the red anyway with her! After much ado trying to make this card work, I decided to combine 2 styles - and my final result is a VINTAGE/COLLAGE card!

The fairy and the sentiments on red are from a set called "Fly Fairy" from +Red Rubber Designs and its still available through the website! I decided to add the sentiment in the upper right corner "she drew recklessly that day" to fill in blank space, but its a bit of humor as well, as I "created recklessly today" - LOL! This sentiment is from a set called "Art Gave Her Wings", also still available at +Red Rubber Designs . This card will be a birthday card for a good friend of mine - she loves red and fairies!

I hope I have helped to inspire your creativity today! Don't be afraid to bend/break the "rules" once in a while! Smiles, Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment