Pages

Tuesday, April 12, 2016

NON-TRADITIONAL GRADUATION CARD

Welcome! Today's share is a non-traditional graduation card that I made for my niece's upcoming graduation in May. Her school colors are orange & black, which I incorporated into the card, but she also loves butterflies and spring! I thought the sentiment on the inside was fitting advice for a "changeling" such as a high school graduate! Being on the design team for The Outlawz Tuesday Color Challenge, this card is my inspiration for this week's challenge - head and over to The Outlaws and join us in the fun!



I made the background on the card front by cutting 3 different color of CS and piecing them together. The pink and yellow are 1 1/4" x 5 1/4" and the blue is 1 3/8" x 5 1/4". After these were attached, I stamped the floral background with black ink and added the ribbon to the top. Then I attached this to the purple A2 card.

Next I colored the Cricut die cut with alcohol ink markers so it would match the ribbon and stamped "fly" on it with black ink. Finally, I stamped the butterflies, colored with alcohol ink markers and hand cut each one and attached them to the card.

The inside of the card uses the same colors as the front, layered as shown in photo. The stamp sets used here are from +Red Rubber Designs , I'm not sure if they're still available, you'd have to check and see.

As always, I hope I've helped to inspire your creativity today! Smiles Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment