Pages

Monday, April 4, 2016

MASCULINE DREAM CATCHER NOTE CARD


Welcome everyone! Today I'm sharing "Dream Catcher," a note card done in masculine colors.
It's an A2 card, and I've used a tan parchment CS for the card base. The images are from TAC and are retired now, I believe - not sure if any other companies have similar images. I stamped the dream catcher  image with black ink on cream CS and colored in with several shades of brown watercolor pencils,then "fussy cut" the image out.

The brown piece of distressed CS you see under the dream catcher started out as a scrap of the tan parchment CS used for the card base! First, I tore the edges to give them a rough look, then crumpled it up several times to wrinkle it. Then I dragged a terra cotta ink pad over it for the first base of color (direct-to-paper technique). After letting this air dry for a few minutes, I used a brayer to lightly apply burnt umber (dark brown) ink for the second coat of color (I did this step several times, until I liked the color.)

After this dried for 1/2 hour, I crumpled it one more time for good measure, then attached the dream catcher image to this. Then I layered this onto the green & terra cotta CS, attached the beaded leather strips with a brad and attached this to the card. Next I stamped the sentiment "DREAM" with black ink and stamped three arrowheads down the right side of the card. I colored the arrowheads brown watercolor pencils, and added shadows to them with a Tombow gray marker.

I hope I have helped to inspire your creativity today! Happy card-making to all & Smile, Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment