Pages

Sunday, March 20, 2016

HAPPY EASTER BUNNY FAMILY!


Welcome! With Easter only 1 week away, I have been fervently working away in my craft room trying to finish making all my Easter cards for family. And today's share is hot off my table! Okay, let's get started on this card, inspired by the fact that RABBITS DO MULTIPLY quickly!

The bunny image is called "Nerdy but Nice" from +Gerda Steiner ! Each of the bunnies was cut out with scissors by hand, then colored in with Spectrum Noir Alcohol markers. I used Icicle Stickles glitter glue on the glasses to give them that shiny, reflective look (and let them dry for 1/2 hour).  After they dried, I used glue & tape to position & attach all 10 of them to the turquoise CS, then trimmed that by hand to mat my not-so-little bunny family!

I cut the pink strip of CS with scalloped scissors, then punched 1/16" holes with a hand punch, then attached this to a strip of turquoise CS, trimmed again with scallop scissors and tied a big puffy bow from white sheer ribbon before adhering to the tan background, which was embossed with a wicker embossing folder. I then layered this onto turquoise & pink CS, and finally to a 6" x 6" card.

Finally, I attached the "Happy Easter!" sentiment to the card with pop dots, and added the little self-adhesive pearls & flowers.  I have to admit, it was a bit more work than I normally do when I have a lot of cards to make, but one down and three more to go - there's still time before Easter to get them done!

If you have any questions about how I made this card, please ask in the comment section below! I hope I have helped to inspire your creativity today! Smiles, Laura

OH MY! MY HAPPY EASTER BUNNY FAMILY CARD HAS BEEN FEATURED
IN THE OUTLAWS MAIN GALLERY THIS WEEK! WOOHOO!


5 comments:

  1. As I said on facebook, your card is adorable...love the idea that you made a family out of them...so creative. Thanks for sharing your information on the glitter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea with the digi stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea with the digi stamp!

    ReplyDelete