Pages

Thursday, March 3, 2016

PURPLE SCRAPS QUICKIE CARD
Sill Level: Easy                Card Size: A2


Hello & welcome everyone! About once a month, I go through my cardstock scrap box and design a few cards from the choice selections the box has to offer me - kind of like my own little challenge to myself. This helps stop the scrap boxes from overtaking my craft room! And this is one of the cards I created using scraps this month.

I started with a white cardstock scrap - I used a file tab punch to create the tab, then stamped "Enjoy" on it in black and attached it to the narrow patterned paper scrap. Next, I attached this to a scrap of purple Bazzill CS, and added two silk flowers in a lighter shade of purple with brads, as shown above. With black ink, I stamped "Happy Birthday" and the little starbursts, to fill in some of the blank space. Then I mounted this to a scrap of black CS, leaving about 1/4" edge around the purple. 

At this point, I thought I was done and placed it on a white A2 card, but ultimately decided that there was too much white showing. I rectified this by adding another piece of purple scrap CS to the upper right corner behind the black matting, as seen above.

What kind of cute cards can you come up with? Try designing a few scrap cards of your own this week using up the scraps you've been accumulating! I'd love to hear from you and see what you've come up with! I hope I've helped to inspire your creative process today... Smiles, Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment