Pages

Monday, March 14, 2016

QUICKIE MASCULINE MOOSE CARD
Skill Level: Easy       Card Type: CAS A7


Welcome! Today I'm sharing a quick & easy masculine card - this took me about 25 minutes to make, including design time. CAS style (Clean And Simple) simply means an uncluttered card with lots of "white" space - that doesn't mean there must be a lot of white, just a lot of OPEN space. Let's get started on this card!

The pine tree is a digi I got from +Christina Hor (she's got some nice digis, check her page out). I printed it on confetti kraft CS and cut it to 2 3/4" x 3 3/4", then attached it to a piece of 3" x 4" green CS and added the maple leaf brads. Next I used the smallest die from Nesting Book Pages by Darice to cut confetti kraft CS for the sentiment, which is stamped in green ink (sentiment by TAC). I then attached this to a piece of green CS and trimmed the edges with scissors, leaving a 1/8" mat on all four sides. The moose was cut using Cricut's Wildlife Cartridge.

The light green Bazzill CS background was cut to 4 3/4" x 6 3/4". I attached 2 colors of 7 1/4" length gingham ribbon - 3/8" brown & 1/4" green. The brown was started about 1 1/8" down from the top of the CS, and the green was attached directly below the brown. Next, I placed the matted tree image on the left side of the background, leaving about 1/2" border along the top, bottom & side. Then I attached the sentiment in the upper right corner, as shown, and centered the moose in the bottom right of the open space.  I also attached a small 1 1/2" bow made with the green gingham ribbon, just above the sentiment as shown.

And the final step was to attach this to a medium brown 5" x 7" card front, and stamp a sentiment on the inside! I will be giving this one to my brother-in-law on his birthday.

As always, I hope I have helped to inspire your creativity today! Smiles, Laura

2 comments: