Pages

Wednesday, March 2, 2016

MASCULINE FAUX LEATHER WOLF CARD
with Wood Grain Embossed Background


Welcome back! Although most would consider this a masculine card, I originally made this rustic note card for a girlfriend of mine who loves nature, camping, hiking & fishing. I wanted to remind everyone that "masculine" cards aren't necessarily "just for guys" anymore - they can be for anyone with an outdoorsy spirit! This card uses the Faux Leather Technique with Liquid Applique - if you're not familiar with this technique, refer back to my February 20th post for the written tutorial.

The dye inks I sponged on the faux leather surface for the wolf & friend images were grey, dark brown & medium brown. I then stamped the images on with black dye ink and attached to black CS, as shown above.

The wood grain background was created with a Darice embossing folder and Big Shot. Next, I sponged a little grey ink around the edges of this piece, attached black grosgrain ribbon & matted images. Finally, I punched 3 holes & set black eyelets into the side with a Crop-A-Dile Big Bite, and attached to a black A2 card front!

Because the inside of the card is black, I used a silver gel pen to write the note. Another option would be to stamp your inside phrase with black ink on gray cardstock & attach this to the inside of the card. I hope I have helped to inspire your creativity today! Smiles, Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment