Pages

Sunday, March 13, 2016

"SUN SHOWERS"
SPRING NOTE CARD


Happy Sunday! I just love SPRING! It's arrived early here in Michigan's Upper Peninsula and I'm celebrating by sharing "Sun Showers" with you today! The tulips & sentiment are from TAC and the little "umbrella girl" is from +Red Rubber Designs .

To make the background, I started with light blue CS, then tore the light green CS, as seen in photo, and attached to the blue CS (the entire background with these 2 pieces measures 4" x 5 1/4"). Next, I stamped the tulips on the green CS with black ink, and colored the tulips & leaves. The sun was made by cutting a circle with a circle punch, then cutting 1/4 of the circle with a paper cutter, and finally using scissors to cut the "V" edges into it.

I stamped the "umbrella girl" on blending card with Memento Tuxedo black ink, colored in with Spectrum Noir alcohol ink markers, then mounted to orange CS (same color as the A2 card base). "Happy Spring" was stamped on white CS with black ink, cut into a cloud shape by hand, then lightly sponged with a bright medium blue ink. I attached this to a scrap piece of light blue CS, and sponged the edges with the medium blue ink again. Both the girl & the cloud were attached to the background with pop dots.

And the final touch, after attaching to the A2 card, was adding something to look like water. I chose Stickles glitter glue - wonderful stuff! I added small dots of Icicle Stickles on the cloud and in the puddle. And the raindrops were created by drawing raindrops with Turquoise Stickles! I set the card aside for about 1/2 hour to dry and it was done!

I hope I have helped to inspire your creativity today! Happy creating & smiles, Laura

6 comments: