Pages

Monday, March 7, 2016

MASKED EASTER CARD


With Easter being just around the corner, I've started making cards for my grandchildren's baskets! The cute images in today's card are from a stamp set called Springtime Garden (I got it from TAC a few years back, but Red Rubber Designs sells it now). I've listed the basic supplies I used below.

X-Press It Blending Card - 3 1/4" x 4 1/2"
Medium Blue CS - 3 1/2" x 4 3/4" & 4" x 5 1/4"
Lt Orchid CS - 3 3/4" x 5"
A2 Bright Yellow Card (folded - 4 /14" x 5 1/2"
Spectrum Noir Alcohol Markers:
LV 1 & 2; HB 1 & 2; CT 1, 2 &4; DG 1, 2 & 3; BT 2, 3 &5; TB 1, 2 & 3; TB 1, 2 & 3; IG 1, 2, 3 & 5; BP 2 & 4; PP 2, 3 & 4; TN 2, 3, 4 & 6; GB 6 & 9; Blender.
Memento Tuxedo Black Ink Pad
Adhesive

I started by stamping the Bunny/Sign image with Memento ink on the blending card, then creating a mask for this image out of scrap copy paper. Next, I placed this mask over the stamped image and stamped the Birdhouse image to the left of sign & removed the mask. Then I began coloring with my alcohol markers! Here's a basic guide for my coloring:

For the birdhouse & sign - TNs & GBs      Leaves/Grass - DGs & BTs     Sky - TBs
Yellow Birds - CTs & GB6             Blue Bird - TBs              Bunny - IGs    
Purple Flowers - LVs, HBs & CTs       Pink Flowers - PPs & BPs   Blue Flowers - TBs

After coloring, I attached this to the matting, blue/orchid/blue, as shown, then attached to the front of the card. And finally I stamped the phrases in the sky & on the sign with Black Memento Ink and added the phrase on the inside!

Later this week, I'll be posting a masculine wildlife card & another polished stone card, to name a few! If you like what you're seeing on my blog, be sure to follow me with Google+, which is located in the sidebar on this page. And feel free to ask questions & leave comments! Thanks for stopping by today, I hope I've helped to inspire your creativity! Smiles, Laura


6 comments:

  1. Stunning! I love cards with scenes and yours is just adorable! Your coloring and masking is amazing! Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Julie! Smiles, Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card - love the coloring and image thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're welcoe Beebee & thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the cards Laura and the ones we made last night are awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Rannah! Last night was fun! We'll make the other 2 cards next class!

    ReplyDelete