Pages

Friday, March 4, 2016

MASCULINE MOOSE RETIFORM CARD


Here's the second card today using retiform technique - for instruction on retiform technique itself, refer back to my earlier post today. The colors I chose for this card were dark brown, medium reddish-brown, cognac (an orange-brown), and Brilliance Cosmic Copper, just to add a little sheen to the card. Also, the trees were stamped with dark green ink.

I started with white CS (4" x 5 1/4"). I masked the CS, leaving only the right 1/3 exposed, and lightly sponged in dark brown ink. I then repositioned the mask, leaving only the left 1/3 exposed, and again sponged in dark brown ink.

The top 1/3 was sponged in with the reddish-brown ink, and the bottom 1/3 with cognac ink, using the mask both times. Then I lightly sponged the edges of the piece with the Brilliance Cosmic Copper to soften the whole image a bit. At this point, the only white remaining was in the center, which you can't see, because I've stamped pine trees in dark green. And then I attached a label (white CS) after stamping "Birthday Greetings" with dark brown, sponging with Cosmic Copper and matting with dark brown CS.

Then I added the two moose, as seen in photo, then attached the piece to a dark brown A2 card front! The moose were made using my Cricut Wildlife cartridge and the labels with Cricut Elegant Edges cartridge.

Happy creating everyone! Smiles, Laura


2 comments: