Pages

Friday, March 11, 2016

MASCULINE LOG CABIN BUCK CARD IDEA


Welcome & happy Friday! I've got a fun masculine card to share today! It's a 5 x 7", but the images would easily fit on an A2 card also, with minor rearrangement. The images are from FSJ, the sentiment from TAC.

I created the woodgrain background by using a Darice 5 x 7" embossing folder. First, I tore all 4 edges of a 5 x 7" piece of craft CS. Next, I inked the embossing folder with burnt umber dye ink, placed my torn edge craft CS into the folder & embossed. To add depth to this, I sponged in a little terra cotta ink around randomly, & sponged the edges with this as well. Next, I attached this to a piece of medium brown CS, tore the edges and sponged edges with burnt umber ink. Finally, I attached the ribbon to the left side of the background as shown.

I then stamped the images onto white Spectrum Noir blending card, added a bit of color with alcohol ink markers, and cut out with scissors. Before attaching the images to the background, I lightly sponged the edges of these with terra cotta ink.Once attached, I added 2 leaf brads and 3 self-adhesive rhinestones, as seen in photo. I then attached this to a 5" x 7" card front!

Try creating a card similar to this one during the weekend, using supplies you have on hand! I'd love to hear from you & see what you've come up with! As always, I hope I've helped to inspire your creativity today! Smiles, Laura

4 comments:

  1. That wood look is out of this world!! Such a nice card for a friend too! Love it Laura!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is a fantastic "guy" card!! I know several men who would love this card!! (the deer and the cabin, LOL!)
    Very nicely done!!
    Hugs!
    Darcy

    ReplyDelete